List:       nosql
Subject:    NoSQL 2.4.0
From:       Carlo Strozzi <carlos () linux ! it>
Date:       2000-06-29 16:11:40

Hi,

the latest stable release of NoSQL has just been made available at:

   http://www.linux.it/~carlos/nosql/archives/nosql-2.4.0.tar.gz

The fact that it is a "stable" version does not imply that it is
absolutely bug-free, of course. The usual disclaimer applies.

A number of changes have occurred since the release of the previous
stable version, more than one year ago.

Please _DO_NOT_ just upgrade to NoSQL 2.4.0 without reading the
accompanying NEWS, README and README-2.4.x files.

Unless you are not doing anything serious with NoSQL, I _strongly_
warn you to install the package in a test area, as explained in the
INSTALL file, and test your existing applications with it before
using the new version in a production environment. After a lot of
experimenting, I think NoSQL has finally reached its final shape.
I do apologize for having changed it so much in the past, but I
needed to better understand the real aim of the proposed paradigm.
Overall NoSQL has been simplified, at the price of some backward
incompatibility. A lot of "philosophy-polishing" came from a few rather
complex Web applications, that I have built with NoSQL in the last 12
months. I hope the program will be useful to you as it has been to me.

Please send bug-reports to noseequel@texne.com, along with all the
debugging information that you think is useful.

Feedback is welcome, as always :-)

	--carlo
--
I can read MIME or uuencoded e-mail attachments in PDF, Postscript, HTML,
RTF or text formats. Please do not send Word, Excel or PowerPoint files.