List:       nosql
Subject:    Re: Problem with NoSQL join command
From:       Carlo Strozzi <carlos () ibm ! it>
Date:       1998-10-30 17:15:20

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 11:39:37AM -0400, Fred Rook wrote:
 >Help with nosql join command
 >
 >We are a development shop producing internal applications and NoSQL may
 >be very useful for us. I have been working through the NoSQL
 >documentation to learn how to use the commands and I have been entirely
 >unable to get the nosql join command to work at all. I am using version
 >2.0b3. I get only the field names and underline dashes. This has been

Ok,
I have already replied to Fred in a separate message, but as he sent
it also to the list I'll propagate also my reply to him. If anyone
else is in a hurry to receive the preliminary v2.0 just let me know
and I'll send it out over e-mail, though not to the list of course
(about 330 KB). I am not going to put it on FTP as I want to make
sure everything works properly first.

 >Fred,
 >I am very pleased that you are finding NoSQL actually useful. I am
 >using it myself for several applications. The bug in 'join' is a known
 >one, and it has been fixed in the latest release, which I am going
 >to make available as '2.0-final' in a few days. I have attached what
 >is currently v2.0b4-unreleased, which will be released as '2.0-final'
 >some time next week. Make sure you read the associated CHANGES file.
 >Note also that some documentation files, like nosql.lsm, still
 >reflect the current 2.0b3 and they will be updated upon releasing
 >the new package.
 >
 >Please keep sending feedbacks :-)

Cheers
--
Carlo Strozzi       PGP Public Key fingerprint :
ED 4A 7A 6C 88 66 1B 34  06 14 FC 2E C7 EA F2 EE