List:       nosql
Subject:    Re: Usage Examples?
From:       Joachim Trinkwitz <upp105 () ibm ! rhrz ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       1998-10-29 17:32:51

Larry Ayers <layers@marktwain.net> writes:

> Hello!  I'm writing a short article about nosql for the Linux
> Gazette; I'm wondering about what real-world uses other people
> have found for this utility.  I've just started experimenting
> with it and really like the way it works and also its usage of
> awk, perl, etc.

I am using it to manage data from all the teachers at our institution
concerning their syllabus entries. I get the data on floppies (!) and
I massage them with awk to RDB data entries; then I am sorting them
etc. with nosql and dump them in LaTeX-skeleton files ready for
printing in differrent forms: lists, the universtity syllabus and the
institutions syllabus.

If you are interested I can mail you a step by step description (I
have documented allthing in the office.

Greetings,
joachim

--
            Joachim Trinkwitz                email: jtr@uni-bonn.de
         Germanistisches Seminar             phone: 0228-737565