List:       nmap-hackers
Subject:    RSS newsfeeds for mailing lists at insecure.org
From:       djeaux <djeaux () djeaux ! com>
Date:       2002-12-03 5:23:11

RSS newsfeed files for 15 of the security mailing lists (including this
one) archived at http://www.insecure.org are now available for public
consumption.

The files are:
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-bugtraq.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-focus-ids.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-fulldisclosure.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-incidents.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-isn.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-pen-test.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-security-basics.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-vuln-dev.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-firewall-wizards.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-honeypots.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-microsoft.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-nmap-dev.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-nmap-hackers.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-vulnwatch.rss
http://www.djeaux.com/rss/insecure-webappsec.rss

You may also bookmark http://www.djeaux.com/rss for a quick index of the
available newsfeeds.

RSS is a dialect of XML used for web content syndication. The RSS file
specifies the site & its URL, along with a list of "headline" items &
their respective URLs. In this case, the "headlines" represent the 25
most recent posts to each of the above mailing lists. Using an
appropriate script to parse the XML, these headlines can be inserted
into any webpage.

These RSS files were produced using a "scraper" script that identifies &
extracts "headlines" from html. For more about RSS newsfeeds, consult
http://backend.userland.com/rss or  http://www.syndic8.com/documents.php

Examples of headline listings taken from some of the above newsfeeds are
at http://www.djeaux.com/newsfeeds/security.shtml

A simple Perl script (using the non-standard RSS::Lite module) is
available for review at
http://www.djeaux.com/newsfeeds/fasterslasher-demo.shtml

Joe
--
"Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
                                                        - Bob Dylan