List:       nmap-dev
Subject:    [NSE] Release of nmap nse vulscan 1.0
From:       Marc Ruef <marc.ruef () computec ! ch>
Date:       2013-06-25 5:08:42

Hello,

As some of you might remember, I have published a NSE script back in =

2010, which added a vulnerability scanning feature to Nmap[1].

I've been doing a complete re-write of the script, which introduces some =

neat features:

* Much better performance and accuracy of search engine
* Deployment of scip VulDB, CVE, OSVDB, SecurityFocus, Secunia and =

Securitytracker
* Correlated analysis of all available databases in the same run
* Support for single database scan mode (vulscandb)
* Support for your own CSV-based vulnerability database
* Support of dynamic report templates (vulscanoutput)
* Intelligent interactive mode remembers your definitions per session =

(vulscaninteractive)
* Full support for Nmap 5.x/6.x on Linux and Windows
* More debug output possible (-d1)
* Better error handling

You're able to download the latest release of Nmap NSE Vulscan 1.0 here: =

http://www.computec.ch/mruef/software/nmap_nse_vulscan-1.0.tar.gz

Further details about usage and data processing are available in the =

description field of the script and in my blog post about the release: =

http://www.scip.ch/en/?labs.20130625

Feel free to use and share the script. And please let me know if you =

miss any features or if you have assembled your own vulnerability =

database and would like to see it added to the official repository.

Regards,

Marc

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q2/726

-- =