List:       nmap-dev
Subject:    Re: patch for compiler warnings
From:       Fyodor <fyodor () insecure ! org>
Date:       2005-09-10 3:37:33

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 10:23:39AM -0400, William MacKay wrote:
> I made a patch that fixes a couple compiler warnings that shouldn't
> affect nmap's functionality at all:

You didn't mention what platform you are running on, but I'm assuming
Mac OS X based on your changes.

> #include <arpa/inet.h>
> +#ifdef __APPLE__
> +#include <sys/time.h>
> +#else
> #include <time.h>
> #endif
> +#endif

OK, I've just changed it from time.h to sys/time.h unconditionally.
Let's hope that doesn't break things on other platforms.  Thanks.

> -  int slen = sizeof(struct sockaddr_storage);
> +  unsigned int slen = sizeof(struct sockaddr_storage);

I worry that these sign changes might end up fixing the warning on
your system while causing it on others :(.  Operating systems aren't
always consistant with the sign of return values and function
parameters :(.

Cheers,
-F