List:       nmap-dev
Subject:    Re: SQL logging for nmap 3.48
From:       rufio <ruf10 () op ! pl>
Date:       2003-10-21 13:16:29

on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:08:34 +0800 "Hasnain Atique"
<hatique@hasnains.com> wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Attached is my patch to allow nmap to log it's findings to mysql. When
> I do assessments, I tend to compare the currently open ports with
> ports found few weeks or months ago -- to see what's changed. Instead
> of keeping hardcopy, I figured I should just log it to mysql, and then
> write a front end that can do the comparison for me. When you have
> dozens of hosts to keep track of, you easily appreciate the
> functionality.
[...]
> Please let me know what you think of it or if you find bugs with it.

For just comparison you can use XML comparison tools.

As about sending data to mysql, I would more like sending data to any
sqldb using libgda (if you really need to patch nmap) or write perl
script and use DBI (like I'm going to do when I'll find time to figure
it out)

Regards, Rufio
--
nmap -sS -O -p80,81 www.microsoft.com