List:       nmap-dev
Subject:    Re[2]: Speeding up single ports scans over large networks
From:       Bo Cato <jcato73 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-09-19 5:49:04

Not sure if this helps but I tried this as well but have different
results. I scanned a very distant class b with the same switches you
used. After over 7500 hosts were scanned with no trouble I ended the
scan. It took approximately 10 minutes so I averaged around 12 - 13 hosts
per second. I run iptables and did not disable any of my rules. I -j drop
just about everything. I did not receive any 'sendto in send_tcp...'
messages.

I'm running the newly built nmap 3.45 on the 2.4.18 linux kernel. My
processor is an old Pentium 166 MMX and I have 128 mb ram.

I hope this is somehow helpful information. It's quite late so I hope
I didn't mistype this too badly. :-)

-b

Hello testic,