List:       nix-dev
Subject:    Re: [Nix-dev] Proposal: adding fetchapt support to nixpkgs
From:       Vladimír Čunát <vcunat () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-11-12 11:11:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 11/12/2016 11:16 AM, Roger Qiu wrote:
> I think what we need is a bot that will autosubmit PRs to bump new
> versions by tracking some commonly updated widely used applications lik=
> chromium. This shouldn't be too difficult.

We have quite some such solutions already, e.g.
http://monitor.nixos.org/ was able to generate updating patches for many
packages (and even test the build).

But I think some human should still pre-test updates briefly (at least)
before pushing them to master.

--Vladimir

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]