List:       nix-dev
Subject:    Re: [Nix-dev] Hi, I'm new!
From:       Ertugrul =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F6ylemez?= <ertesx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2014-06-29 13:46:44

Hi there Matthias,

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 11:01:26 +0200
Matthias Beyer <mail@beyermatthias.de> wrote:

> I don't know if this is wanted on this list (isn't there a users-list
> somewhere?), but I want to introduce myself before sending my bunch of
> questions!
>
> I'm a 22 year old CS student from south germany. I heard from nixos
> the first time at UnFUCK[0], a conference at my university, I
> organized myself. ATM I'm an Archlinux user (been for ~7 years), but
> within the next year I want to build a Tower-PC and I'm heavily
> thinking about nixos for it.

This is currently our main mailing list.  Sadly introducing yourself to
a web community is a custom that seems to have gone into oblivion, so
I'm glad that you're remining us that it still exists.

Also south Germany (where I live, too) may benefit from more NixOS
users. =)

> Is it appropriate to send my questions to this ML? I guess I will send
> them in seperate mails if you ACK this, as some of them may lead to
> longer discussuions (who knows).

Go ahead.  As Cillian noted there is also the #nixos channel, if you
prefer a less rigid form of communication.

Greets
Ertugrul

--
Ertugrul Söylemez <ertesx@gmx.de>