List:       nix-dev
Subject:    Re: [Nix-dev] Staging branch
From:       "John Wiegley" <johnw () newartisans ! com>
Date:       2014-06-24 22:33:55

> I've set up a Nixpkgs/NixOS branch named "staging", intended to bunch
> changes that cause rebuilds/redownloads of many packages (such as stdenv
> changes). The idea is that this branch can be merged into master
> periodically (e.g. every few weeks).

Thank you, Eelco, this helps my overall workflow considerably.  I like to keep
up-to-date with master often so I can test/push small changes, but since
really testing a change means updating with --leq, a large destabilizing
change to stdenv can wipe out my ability to test the small stuff for a day or
more.

John