List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Migrate SMG from our 2022.8.1 appliance to a 23.2.0 appliance?
From:       Thomas Stimper via ngw <ngw () ngwlist ! com>
Date:       2023-12-11 16:21:00

Hi Ian,

that instruction still should work.

Consider to join our SMG Roundtable tomorrow morning 2023-12-12 8 AM
CET .
Please sent me an email if you like to attend.
tstimper@nmedv.de

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Stimper

neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper@nmedv.de ( mailto:tstimper@nmedv.de )
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht / local court Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID / VAT DE176096756
Micro Focus Gold Partner

nm Events
https://www.nmedv.de/events/

nm Administrators Roundtable
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12765104/

> > > Ian Young via ngw <ngw@ngwlist.com> 11.12.2023 12:47 >>>
Hi All,

Over the weekend, I attempted to migrate SMG from our 2022.8.1
appliance to a new 23.2.0 appliance but was unsuccessful. I basically
followed the procedure that I used when we migrated from Ubuntu to
SLES
but it failed after the validation step. See
https://www.novell.com/documentation/secure-messaging-gateway/secure-messaging-gateway/data/migrating_to_sles_appliance.html

I cannot find any documentation relating to moving to the 23.2
appliance, it's all related to the Ubuntu to SLES move. I am now
beginning to think my approach is completely incorrect, has anyone
done
this? Any ideas suggestions would be appreciated.

With thanks

Ian

Ian Young
IT Manager
m: +44 (0)1234 567890
e: IYoung@graphic.plc.uk

In keeping with our Christmas tradition, Graphic have made a donation
Children's Hospice South West.
Children's Hospice South West is a registered charity that provides
palliative, respite, end of life and bereavement care for life-limited
and terminally ill children and their families, from the South West of
England region.

Christmas Shutdown

Graphic PLC will close for the Christmas break on Friday 22nd December
2023 and re-open on Tuesday 2nd January 2024.

Graphic PLC
t: +44 (0)1363 774874 | w: www.graphic.plc.uk
a: Down End, Lords Meadow Industrial Estate, Crediton, Devon, EX17
1HN,
UK

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee only and may be confidential. If you
are
not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor
disclose
them to any other person, and you are requested to notify the sender
and
delete the email.

Please note that design advice is given in good faith and without
prejudice. Graphic cannot be held responsible for any product failure,
or if systems do not perform as expected. Information given is for the
use of the recipient only and others within their organisation; it
should not be given to a third party without express authorisation
from
Graphic plc.

ITAR regulations stipulate that customers must inform their suppliers
if
their products are subject to ITAR regulations. If no mention of the
ITAR regulations is made on the quote request or the order then
Graphic
PLC will assume that the ITAR regulations do not apply.