List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GW and Outlook
From:       "Thys de Beer" <thys () nwpg ! gov ! za>
Date:       2021-08-19 7:06:13

Hi al,

thanks for all the feedback ..lets see were this takes us ..

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG: Office of the Premier
GITO: ICT Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
018 388 3828
------------------

>>> Laura Buckley <Laura@laurabuckley.co.za> 2021/08/19 08:49 >>>
Hi Thys,

You could use Outlook on the Mac connecting to GroupWise via IMAP.  I was
just saying that you don't need an extra piece of software.

I would recommend a dedicated GWIA for this.  Outlook on Mac connecting =
via
GMS is not supported.

Cheers,

Laura

Lifelong Learner

www.laurabuckley.co.za

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 8:32 AM Thys de Beer <thys@nwpg.gov.za> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > currently on Gw18.2.1 , next week plan to go Gw18.3.1
> >

> > MAc,
> > Outlook supported?,  what versions, i am an absolute amateur on Mac
> >
> > Of not outlook, the native client (like for ipad/iphone?)
> >
> > Then of course if these are supported ,the docs and guides to get this
> > setup on the clients?...
> >

> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Thys de Beer
> > NWPG: Office of the Premier
> > GITO: ICT Infrastructure
> > Deputy Dir: Server Administration
> > 018 388 3828
> > ------------------
> >

> > Disclaimer
> > "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information
> > which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for =
the
> > sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> > intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via =
electronic
> > mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing,
> copying
> > or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of =
this
> > message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the
> sender
> > specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial=

> > Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been =
swept
> > for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial
> Government
> > accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses
> resulting
> > directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any =
of
> its
> > transmitted files."

> Disclaimer
> "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information
> which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the
> sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic=

> mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, =
copying
> or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this
> message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the =
sender
> specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial
> Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been =
swept
> for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial =
Government
> accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses =
resulting
> directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of =

Disclaimer=0A"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain inf=