List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV
From:       Joseph Marton <jmmarton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-04-07 22:14:45

Back when I used to manage an environment with GMS, I used a separate
virtual disk which was mounted to /var/opt/datasync (or whatever folder it
is that GMS uses under /var/opt).  This does not require doing any sort of
extended partition.  And if you ever run low on space, you can create a new
virtual disk, stop services, copy everything over, unmount the old disk,
mount the new disk, and restart services.

This was under VMware but I'd expect the process to work just the same
under any hypervisor.

Joe