List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Stuck user object
From:       "David Gerisch" <DGerisch () co ! tulare ! ca ! us>
Date:       2017-01-17 18:37:54

Hello David,

A couple things you might want to consider:

If you really are on version 14.0.0, I would upgrade, at least to
14.2.0.  I think I remember some bugs with 14.0.0 that made things
rough.

If you have more than one post office; you can try something other than
transferring the content via IMAP - move the mailbox to a new post
office, then later move it back.  This avoids any alerts that user
deleted the meetings they had accepted; and, the message properties
remain (read status, forwarded, etc).  But to do this sort of move best,
there are eight steps:

1) Unsubscribe from all shared folders.
2) Unsubscribe from all shared address books.
3) Run a full set of database maintenance routines on the user's
mailbox.
4) Move the mailbox to the new post office.  Probably do the move at
the end of the day, so that address book maintenance can run, and people
don't get errors "user not on post office".
5) Wait for the move to complete.  This can take two weeks, if you want
the normal time-outs to do their thing.  Yes, there are ways to speed
that up, but I usually wait at least one day before initiating action.
6) Bounce the post office agent the mailbox originally came from.
(Otherwise, the next step will err out, as the old mailbox name is
cached in server RAM).
7) Move the mailbox back.
8) Resubscribe to shared folders and address books.

This gets you the benefit of a new user database being created by the
post office agent, with a record-by-record copy of everything back into
the mailbox.  It's similar to the rename-out-of-the-way, then IMAP copy
process; but, because everything remains inside the GroupWise system,
your user's don't lose their connections for Sent Items or Meetings and
such.  There are a few down-sides (the mailbox on the interim post
office needs to be re-indexed, proxy between post offices might be
troublesome, if the user owns a Resource it will need to be reassigned,
if the interim post office has different security, that could break
WebAccess).  So moving a user between post offices is NOT something you
want to reach for first.  But much of that trouble is duplicated with
the rename-out-of-the-way, then IMAP copy process - and this saves some
of the pain of having to explain to everyone that you had to delete a
mailbox and then recreate it.

David Gerisch

> > > "David Carroll" <dcarroll@barnesvillehospital.com> 2017-01-17 06:54

We have a user account that is having a lot of strange issues, so I
figured the easiest solution involved renaming the old account and
creating a new one with the old name (then transferring content with
IMAP).  It seems to rename just fine, but when I try to create the new
account with the old name it sits in Pending Operations.  It has a Move
Status of 0xDB08 "The object already exists."  Because of this , I can't
move the original account back to what it was, or even create a nickname
with that name.

I've tried using GWCheck Analyze/Fix on the account and the entire PO,
but they didn't show any errors except a duplicate contact book.  We're
running GroupWise 2014 (14.0.0), though this account has been migrated a
few times starting from 6.5.

I'm far from an expert in GroupWise and would greatly appreciate any
ideas.  Thank you!

----
David Carroll
Systems Engineer,
Barnesville Hospital
(740) 425-5799
dcarroll@barnesvillehospital.com

******CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*************
is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original
message.
=CwICAg&c=LlH32oy6OBtmot7tcUOx1EUIJYTUxwihlBYC0z2BYZI&r=AZydvbLLLnHLl7r8Xp58bWGr_dXaci \
WrJNWBKhi_0W0&m=T--Nv264qm0Igy8XFrywHA3b6J61BYXIKoZPrKOxYAg&s=hWvs0PGa_lAqL3_SSPLGDMRV8ewe3lD027jB766phWE&e=