List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Antw:  Vibe email sent to GW not opening
From:       "David Gerisch" <DGerisch () co ! tulare ! ca ! us>
Date:       2017-01-11 18:14:11

This does sound like a problem with temporary files.  I did have a
problem once, where the first temp file didn't work, but the rest did
(kind of the opposite of your trouble).  Eventually I ran a CHKDSK /F on
the machine, and the temp file problem went away.  So I'm wondering if
there is something weird in the machine's file structures, that cause a
cleanup routine to fail.

The problem with this idea is that you see it happening on three
different Windows 7 machines.  That indicates either a bug, or one heck
of a set of coincidences.  Still, running CHKDSK /F on one of them
probably won't hurt.

David Gerisch

> > > "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin@FVLHS.ORG> 2017-01-06 08:04 >>>
Hi Thomas,

I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, with a reboot in between each
setting.  It opens beautifully the first time and throws the error on
the second.

Matt
> > > "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper@nmedv.de> 1/6/2017 9:46 AM >>>
Hi Matt,

crazy...
can you try to set the HTML Browser in GroupWise to Internet Explorer,
not to Default Browser?

Thomas

> > > "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin@FVLHS.ORG> 06.01.2017 16:40 >>>
Hi Thomas,

Under Tools-options-environment, my HTML browser is set to Default
Browser.  In windows, my default browser is set to Internet Explorer.

Funny thing is that if I exit GW, and restart it, I can open the
message with no error, but only once.  If I try to open it a second
time, it throws the error.   After another restart, it will work again
one time.

It seems to be a win7 thing because I have not been able to duplicate
the issue on Win10

I have no idea why an email sent from Vibe and opened in GW has a
google error message.

Matt
> > > "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper@nmedv.de> 1/6/2017 9:21 AM >>>
Hi Matt,

i would try to change the default browser for HTML emails in GroupWise
client.
Do you use Google Chrome as default browser on the Win7 machines?

Regards

Thomas

> > > "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin@FVLHS.ORG> 06.01.2017 16:02 >>>
Hello everyone!

I posted this on the TTP list but did not get a response, so I thought
I'd try here.  Please forgive the duplicate post.

We have Vibe 4.0.2 and GW 2014 R2. We use blogs in Vibe for
announcements and we have vibe send an email to the faculty whenever
anyone posts an announcement (blog). In GroupWise, on Win 10, I get the
announcement from Vibe and it displays beautifully formatted. There is
even a link to take you directly to the Vibe site. It works
wonderfully.

But on three different Win 7 machines I have tried, I get this error
from Vibe:

GetViewInfoCmd failed
(com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException): 500 Internal
Server Error The call failed on the server; see server log for details

followed by a vibe login box. If I log in, it displays the Vibe
webpage, but I don't get the nicely formatted email message.

But if I then exit GroupWise, restart, and open the exact same message,
it works perfectly and I get the nicely formatted email.

Any ideas on where to start? Is it Vibe or GW causing the problem? What
log files should I be looking in?   Is this related to the "mailto: link
in email" posts that I see in this forum?

I do not know what "com.google.gwt" is or why google is messing with my
Vibe/GW email!

Thanks for any help!

Matt

=CwIFAg&c=LlH32oy6OBtmot7tcUOx1EUIJYTUxwihlBYC0z2BYZI&r=AZydvbLLLnHLl7r8Xp58bWGr_dXaci \
WrJNWBKhi_0W0&m=f4LQlIl712rUGVo8mAXD-HJXQtQJP8YRxk4_BeVMG2E&s=votjOhRVt75A84IXGxCe2GCkjCIpzcEr6Sx80bJUfqA&e=