List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Appointment Received as Email
From:       "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff () scrippscollege ! edu>
Date:       2016-06-16 15:23:11

If it's coming from an exchange system (Outlook), and the system isn't properly \
configured, then the sender domain may let the proprietary MS RTF format escape to \
the internet. It's a single global configuration in exchange to prevent this from \
happening, but the sender can also fix it by opening the contact for this person and \
clear the "Always Send To This Recipient In Microsoft Exchange Rich-Text Format" \
check box in the, SMTP - Address property page of the Internet address in the \
personal address book.

Jeff

On 6/15/16, 12:07 PM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu@ngwlist.com on behalf of \
Nathan Hensal" <ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu@ngwlist.com on behalf of \
Nathan.Hensal@highland.edu> wrote:

Hello,

We have a user who receives appointment invitations just fine, with the exception of \
from one external sender.  Appointments from this external sender show up in his \
mailbox as an email.
This same external sender is able to send a appointment invites to other users on our \
GroupWise system, and they appear as appointments.
We're running GroupWise 2012, SP4.

Does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting and/or what to look for to determine \
the cause?
Thank you!
-Nathan