List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] The old HTML reply being blank trick
From:       "Georg Fritsch FCP" <gf () fcp ! at>
Date:       2015-01-19 8:57:06

Hi!,

Looks like this a common problem with Outlook. There are many reports pointing to \
some kind of config problem on the sending side. (stationary and fonts) As you have \
to the source of the mail and the possibly broken html, you can do the \
troubleshooting yourself. :-)

If the html is indeed broken, the sender needs to fix this. The fact that some \
renderers do show the broken html does not prove anything and is no excuse to not fix \
it. It is still broken. Just tell them what is causing the display problem. I know, \
sounds easy in theory  but is quite difficult in reality....

Would it be possible to share the full message source?

Georg

> > > "Ian Blackwood" <Ian.Blackwood@golding.com.au> 19.01.2015 04:25 >>>
Hi All,

If a customer running Office 2013 and Exchange 2010 replies to an email from our \
GroupWise 8.03 system, we see a blank body. New emails from them work fine - only \
replies are broken.
If I check the attachments, then I see the TEXT.HTM. I save this and try opening from \
Internet Explorer - I get a blank page there too. So the HTML is broken. Of course if \
we forward this message to an Outlook client it renders fine. Similarly if I open \
with Word (the editor that Outlook uses for compose), it also displays.
If we forward the broken message to Gmail, it also displays fine.

This is not a RTF / Winmail.dat snafu. I spot those at 20 paces.

Convincing the other end to do any troubleshooting will be a challenge as they can \
render the mangle HTML fine - so it is our problem for using Microsoft's rendering \
engine (mshtml.dll) instead of using Word.
Ideas anyone ?

Cheers
Ian
--
This email transmission including any attachments is confidential and may also
contain copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient you must not

Golding accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments
due to errors, viruses, interference or interceptions.