List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GW 2014 Testing
From:       "Doug Ratz" <dratz () Lakeheadschools ! ca>
Date:       2014-04-17 15:54:07

That worked really well, thank you (though I'm sure I heard a maniacal laugh while \
running the command, must be my imagination!).
Now when I run it, I get 5 failures, rather than 2017. Where can I go to see a log \
file to tell me what the failures were?
Doug

Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools
(807) 625-5161

> > > On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM, "Morris Blackham" \
> > > <mblackham@gw.novell.com> wrote:

Instead of going thru the delegate wizard I had success doing it this way using \
dsacls.exe.

dsacls dc=evilempire,dc=com /I:S /G evilempire\gwadmin:RPWP;mail;user
dsacls dc=evilempire,dc=com /I:S /G evilempire\gwadmin:RPWP:proxyAddresses;user

and in you have associated groups:

dsacls dc=evilempire,dc=com /I:S /G evilempire\gwadmin:RPWP;mail;group
dsacls dc=evilempire,dc=com /I:S /G evilempire\gwadmin:RPWP:proxyAddresses;group

--Morris

> > > "Doug Ratz" <dratz@Lakeheadschools.ca> 4/16/2014 9:58 AM >>>
I see the "Appendix 1 LDAP Attributes Map" table on the last page of the upgrade \
guide. I'm not clear on how that helps me assign the rights in AD. Can you give me a \
bit more direction?

Am I on the right path using the Delegation of Control Wizard?
Or is there some other way to grant very specific rights in AD?

Thanks - Doug

Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools
(807) 625-5161

> > > On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM, "Paul Lamontagne" \
> > > <Paul.Lamontagne@lamtechconsulting.com> wrote:

At the End of Danita's book there is a table or Rights needed...:-)

It should be the mail attribute in AD that you would need to be able to write to and \
proxyaddress if you are using all allowed email addresses.  If only using preferred \
than mail attribute shoudl be ok alone.

Paul Lamontagne

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register
> > > "Doug Ratz" <dratz@Lakeheadschools.ca> 4/16/2014 10:43 AM >>>
I set the LDAP user to be a domain admin account for testing, and the addresses \
synced properly, so it does appear to be a rights issue. So the question becomes, how \
do I assign rights to the LDAP user to update the email address?

I found these instructions:
http://dani3lr.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/delegation-control-to-modify-only-certain-user-attributes-part-1/

So following them through I did the following:
- right click on the domain in ADUC (I want the ldap user to modify all users) and \
                choose Delegation of Control Wizard
- choose my ldap user
- choose custom task to delegate
- choose User Objects
- Choose Property Specific permissions > Write E-Mail Address (Others)
- Finish

But the ldap user doesn't seem to be able to update the email. I still get a failure.

Any ideas on what to do to grant the necessary rights?

Doug

Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools
(807) 625-5161

> > > On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Joseph Marton <jmmarton@gmail.com> \
> > > wrote:

Does the LDAP user defined in the Directory source have rights to the email
attribute on the users?

Joe