List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] ripleys
From:       Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-14 15:37:14

Ah yes - I missed that it was a "visual" problem, and that the messages are actually \
there.  I agree - probably something that SOAP is choking on.  It would take an SR to \
truly ferret out/prevent for the future I suspect!

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Apr 14, 2014, 7:54:05 AM, Jeffrey Sessler <jeff@scrippscollege.edu> wrote: I've \
seen something similar. Caused by a problematic message in the range that \
disappeared. Trial and error (moving blocks of email) tends to turn up the problem \
message. Probably a message with an odd character in the subject or malformed message \
body.

Jeff

> > > "Thys de Beer" 04/14/14 6:41 AM >>>
Danita... and remember .. here is the funniest .... it shows up in the users client \
.. but not in webaccess/mobility ...... but in online on the client it is there .. he \
now in the meantime archived those message so it don't disappear on him from the \
client as well...HOW strange is that..... looney tunes...

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier - IT
Systems Administration Manager
http://www.waytag.com/ThysdeBeer
018 388 3828
------------------
Novell -- CNE
MS -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
MS -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5

> > > "Thys de Beer" 2014-04-14 03:34 PM >>>
HI Danita and Elbert,

Mail is far from "full" .... and may i remind it is a fellow admin .......

i don't have POP running .. only imap and not for users only for systems like gwava \
etc...

...see this is why i was afraid to put my name to this .. now ngwlist thinks they \
have a crazy cowboy admin out there!! .. ;-) .....heeeeehhhhaaaaa!!

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier - IT
Systems Administration Manager
http://www.waytag.com/ThysdeBeer
018 388 3828
------------------
Novell -- CNE
MS -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
MS -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5

> > > Danita Zanre 2014-04-14 02:24 PM >>>
Hi Elbert,

I've not personally seen it either. I can't imagine a native GW process that would do \
a "chunk" of mail. I can imagine external forces. What if a user downloaded x days of \
mail via a POP client set to delete from server, for example.

Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is \
confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the \
recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must \
immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, \
disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted \
files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender \
unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West \
Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept \
for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no \
liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or \
indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."