List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] IronPort - looking for setup tips for GroupWise
From:       "Michael Roberts" <mroberts () hrmc ! org>
Date:       2013-07-23 19:42:53

That's correct, at least in my environment.  I can only login to our quarantine with \
my main account, not nicknames associated to my account.

> > > "Jeffrey Sessler" <jeff@ScrippsCollege.edu> 07/20/13 6:16 PM >>>
Michael,

For users that get 2 or more quarantines e.g. user@ and userfirst.userlast@, if they \
log in to ironport, I'm assuming they can only adjust setting for the primary email \
address?
Jeff

> > > On Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM, in message \
> > > <51DECFB3020000C2000A26D5@smtp.hrmc.org>, "Michael Roberts" <mroberts@hrmc.org> \
> > > wrote:

No, we do not use that option.  So users can end up with multiple digests, but have \
never had anyone complain or seen that to be a concern.  The few that asked me about \
it understood why they got 2 and were fine with it.

I guess the quarantine to a distribution could become an issue if people started \
releasing items that went to a large list, but we have never had it be an issue here. \
Personally, I think very few people release items from quarantines.  Additionally, we \
just don't get that much spam to our distribution lists.

I would be glad to help anyway I can, just give me a shout.  I didn't even realize \
Cisco had a cloud version now.

> > > "Jeffrey Sessler" <jeff@ScrippsCollege.edu> 3:17 PM 7/11/2013 >>>
Michael,

Are you using the LDAP alias consolidation option i.e. the one that will look at the \
user's list of email addresses in eDir, and send one Quarantine for all, or does your \
ironport send a quarantine for email alias e.g. user@ userfirst.userlast@ \
userfirst_userlast@.

I'd really be interested in the LDAP setup, and what query stings you're using.

The quarantine to the distribution lists seems odd, but so far I've found several who \
just let them go. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it!

I just got the initial provisioning done - we're using the "cloud" version of the \
service, so I may ping you more as I get going. Jeff

> > > On Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM, in message \
> > > <51DEB2D8020000C2000A2634@smtp.hrmc.org>, "Michael Roberts" <mroberts@hrmc.org> \
> > > wrote:

I am running a dual Ironport C160 setup against a GroupWise 2012 backend.  It has \
pretty much been install it and forget about it, they have worked so well.  I am \
using LDAP for authentication, which has always worked well.  We are sending \
quarantine emails to end users, but have not attempted to prevent digests that go to \
distribution lists (this simply hasn't been an issue for us).

Let me know if there are specific questions you have about the setup.  We migrated \
from Gwava to the Ironport (for the purpose of scanning outbound mail for HIPAA \
violations and auto-encrypting messages), but have found the spam/virus management of \
the devices to have much better than we got with Gwava.

> > > "Jeffrey Sessler" <jeff@ScrippsCollege.edu> 1:16 PM 7/11/2013 >>>
Hi all,

We're in the process of migrating from Postini to IronPort and I was wondering if \
there are other Ironport/GroupWise users here. Looking for any hints, tips, etc. for \
setting it up. For example, are folks using the LDAP setup against eDir for \
authentication, LDAP for email alias consolidation, etc. I'm also curious for those \
sending a daily quarantine, how you prevent it from being sent to GroupWise \
distribution lists.

Jeff