List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Passwords reset to the default for entire post	 office
From:       "Keith Larson" <klarson () K12GROUP ! NET>
Date:       2010-06-25 14:36:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I did it once also, but it wasn't the way that you managed to make it happen.  At the \
moment I don't recall what triggered it, but it definitely made a fun day.....

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12 Group
(614) 561-4887
klarson@k12group.net

> > > "Bruce Perrin" <Bruce.Perrin@lbb.state.tx.us> 6/25/2010 9:20 AM >>>
Well- this was exciting.  I managed to reset everyone on my main post office to the \
PO default password with one click of the button.
I went into C1 to change Frequent Contacts auto-saving options ( I made no other \
changes- promise). While watching the POA logger to make sure the changes replicated, \
I noticed that error messages started to pop up " Error: Invalid password [D019]".
Sure enough, EVERYONE on the PO had their password reset to default.

So now I am ready to turn the FCL back on, but not really interested in auto \
generating a ton of helpdesk calls.
Has anyone seen this before?

NTS doesn't have a clue; they say they have never seen this before.

<sigh>