List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GroupWise 8 support for Snow Leopard
From:       "Jeffrey Sessler" <Jeff () ScrippsCollege ! edu>
Date:       2010-01-29 2:19:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

It's more likely that Apple will provide the same Exchange interface with the iPad \
mail application as it does with the iPhone, so if Novell gets their ActiveSync \
product out the door, that's going to be the preferred way to access GroupWise. After \
all, you'll want your contacts and calendar close at hand. If Novell doesn't have \
their product out, then I suspect I'll be purchasing a lot more licensing for \
NotifyLink's solution.
As for webaccess, Novell's "mistake" if you want to call it one, was to require a \
double-click for opening messages. Who does that besides Novell? The full webaccess \
client-view/template in GW 7 ran great on the iPhone, so lots of my users got upset \
when we "upgraded" to GW 8. To fix the side-effect of the new "feature" we licensed \
Notifiylink. Of course, Novell could take a tip from other email vendors, and provide \
a iPhone/iPad template. Then maybe, just maybe, people would think Groupwise was cool \
again! ;)
Jeff

> > > Joseph Marton <jmmarton@gmail.com> 1/28/2010 5:15 AM >>>
Assuming the iPad uses the same Safari browser as the iPhone/iTouch, it will be \
interesting to see how GW WebAccess works. You have to use the simple interface on \
the iPhone/iTouch because those devices don't support double-click which is necessary \
for the full interface. On the iPad, since it has so much screen real estate the \
simple interface would look mighty silly. Hopefully Apple's got some sort of gesture \
for double-click. (I've got a gesture for Apple myself but it's probably not \
appropriate to post what that gesture is in this setting.)

Joe