List:       ngw
Subject:    [ngw] Re: Exchange.......No.........!
From:       "David Gerisch" <DEGerisch () co ! tulare ! ca ! us>
Date:       2008-08-27 23:59:37

I've looked for the survey document the project manager worked up, but I'm not \
finding it.  I see that we delayed the roll-out of Outlook until after the users got \
formal training at a local training center.  We really didn't want there to be any \
technical reason or perceived bias from IT in poisoning the project.  It was given \
the best shot it could at success, and failed because our long time users just love \
GroupWise.

That I recall, the survey asked users to rate on a scale of 1 - 10 how easy it was to \
{insert operation here} - for twenty to thirty things you normally do in GroupWise \
(send an email, check the status of that email, send an appointment, reschedule the \
appointment, etc.)  After the users had been running Outlook + Exchange for a month \
and a half, they filled out the same survey.  Of course, at the end of the survey was \
a section for narrative - which was where we REALLY got the comments on how much they \
wanted GroupWise back.  :-)

The Statement Of Work said we would provide the results of the surveys, and projected \
costs to move the entire organization.  We did, and powers-that-be made the right \
choice.  Well, they were the ones going through the pain (Ouchlook, as it were), so \
they wanted back on GroupWise too.  ;-)

David Gerisch

> > > "Brett McKeachnie" <MCKEACBR@uvu.edu> 08-26-2008 15:25 >>>
Wow!  Excellent idea!  I'm sure this satisfaction survey would be just the solution \
for organizations like mine.  Would you mind sharing more details about what you did \
and how?

Thanks,

Brett