List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] POA on W2k Server Stuck Starting
From:       "Bob Jonkman" <bjonkman () toronto ! ca>
Date:       2007-03-30 1:15:46

I'm pretty sure that "#VERSION=650" is good for v6.5.7 as well.  Check
the install folder's copy and see what it has.  If it's more up-to-date
than the one in the postoffice folder then go ahead and copy it.

Gert blogged about a file compare tool a few days ago:
http://gwcheck.blogspot.com/2007/03/visual-file-comparision-tool.html

On the other hand, I use WinMerge: http://winmerge.org/

Either tool lets you compare the two files side-by-side, highlighting
any lines that are different.  Pick the .DC file with the most recent
datestamp.

--Bob.

>>> lpaul@ctr.pcusa.org 2007-03-28 20:32 >>>
I checked the file and it's version 650.  My POA is at 6.5.7 since I
upgraded the agent for DST.  Does this mean I need to copy the
ngwguard.dc
from the 6.5.7 install folder to my POA folder?  We have 3 Post
Offices.
Should I do this for all three?

>>> bjonkman@toronto.ca 03/28/07 6:34 PM >>>
You can even open a .DC file with a text editor and look at the first
line in the file for the version number:

  #VERSION=650

I think only the first two digits matter; the third digit doesn't
usually indicate a .DC file update.

--Bob.

>>> Lilith Calbridge <ngw@ngwlist.com> 28 Mar 2007 >>>

> It might be a mismatch of version numbers.  Check the date/time and
> size of the ngwguard.dc file in the post office against that of the
> directory you installed from.  You may need to rename the old one
and
> copy a newer one in.
>
> Lil

> > I started the POA using the command line (start run
c:\grpwise\gwpoa
> > @Amalek_p.poa  and now see error D713
> >
> > I looked it up in the error and it says you get this error if you
> > don't have the ngwguard.dc file in the Post Office directory but
the
> > file is there.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
> >
> > Thanks.

Bob Jonkman                            mailto:bjonkman@toronto.ca
Corporate Messaging Team                    http://www.toronto.ca
Municipality of the City of Toronto         Voice=+1-416-392-7093
703 Don Mills Avenue, 2nd Floor               Fax=+1-416-397-9813
Toronto   Ontario   Canada   M5H 2N2        Pager=+1-416-405-1357

Views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of
the City of Toronto unless expressly stated otherwise.