List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Hotmail
From:       "Thomas Justice" <Thomas.Justice () doc ! state ! nj ! us>
Date:       2005-12-30 17:28:08

We got blasted w/ a TON of spam with spoofed Hotmail addresses...  I
think they are essentially under a DOS attack of every email system
sending them "undeliverable", and "infected" reply emails.

This would seem to be a "Joe Job"   Interesting that we started getting
our SPAM attack just as I was reading the excellent description of what
a "Joe Job" is by RZeman@melwood.org

Reciently (a few weeks ago I think) Comcast and Yahoo were reporting
problems emailing Hotmail due to this type  activity.

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice@DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)
609-341-3027

>>> bfeder@timeequities.com 12/30/2005 12:19:24 PM >>>
GW 6.5.5

I have been having problems for the last few days sending mail to any
hotmail addresses.

I just called my ISP (XO) and they said they have gotten this
complaint
before but it is not their problem. There is a problem  between
Groupwise and Lotus notes and Hotmail and MSN.

It seems kind of strange to me and before i try contacting MSN and
Hotmail I wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Feder
MIS Director
Time Equities, Inc.