List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Fax question
From:       "Mark BARHAM" <MBARHAM () williamsburgva ! gov>
Date:       2005-08-29 16:35:34

Tom

I just implemented GWFax here.  It is an awesome product.  Im using a
Brooktrout Tr114 card with a DID trunk for inbound faxing.  If they have
the GWFax plugin installed, they can print directly from Groupwise,
Word, Excel, PDf, etc.

Mark Barham, CNE
Information Technology Manager
City of Williamsburg
401 Lafayette St.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Fax  757.259.8040
eMail:  mbarham@williamsburgva.gov

>>> TMiller@hnncsb.org 8/29/2005 12:32 PM >>>
Hi Folks,

I looked at my archives and previously the list recommended RightFax,
Fax Serve, FaxPress, Faxware, and GWFax.  Some of the information on the
web sites is not clear.  Can anyone tell me if these meet my
requirements:

1.  Must have GW client integration (I do see this on GWFax)
2.  Must be able to send outside of GW client (for example we have
"office" PCs that are generic but used by office staff where we do not
want fax items in e-mail accounts)
3.  Can use standard server hardware with Gamma or Brooktrout cards.
4.  Can receive standard faxes and route to e-mail account or print or
a queue somewhere.

Thanks - just trying to avoid hours on the phone with vendors

Tom

Tom Miller
Hampton Newport News Community Services Board
Engineer, Information Technology (IRM)
757-245-0217

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original
message.