List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Groupwise and Orphaned Files
From:       "Tom Miller" <TMiller () hnncsb ! org>
Date:       2004-11-29 18:42:57

You'll probably need to manually delete the files if they are orphaned.  =
When we were at GroupWise 4.x, the cleanup never worked well, and I had to =
manually remove the old files once we got on GW 5.x.  No one ever noticed =
or complained.

>>> leanne.bains@mcglaw.com 11/29/2004 1:32:39 PM >>>
I was reading the posts on the list about someone's GW being very slow
and there were some suggestions on checking the OFFILES directories for
items out of date.  We keep mail only 250 days, but I have tons of files
in the offiles directories that date back to 1999.  We do run expire
reduce, etc. and ran it this weekend, but it does not affect these
files.  Are these items I can backup and then delete?  Someone suggested
running the gwcheck with attclip or forceclean - should I try these
items first?  We prefer to run some things through GWcheck standalone -
can that be done with these switches?   Any info is much appreciated!!!

Leanne Bains
IT Manager
Maynard, Cooper & Gale, P.C.
2400 AmSouth/Harbert Plaza
1901 Sixth Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama  35203
(205) 254-1110
leanne.bains@mcglaw.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privleged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.