List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GroupWise 6.5 On SUSE
From:       "James Taylor" <James.Taylor () eastcobbgroup ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 16:39:28

You knew I meant 2.6 kernel, not 3.6 kernel right..?
Oy!
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor@eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>>carlscar@pentamation.com 10/29/04 12:30 pm >>>
James,

Thanks for the heads up! We are gathering information to make the move
to SUSE!

Carl Carlson
carlscar@pentamation.com

>>>James.Taylor@eastcobbgroup.com 10/28/2004 9:53:22 AM >>>
We did that recently for a small post office.  It is a fairly painless
operation, but there are a few things that we ran into.

First, the GW folder names on NW are not case sensitive, but are on
Linux.  The GWBACKUP with the migrate option was supposed to deal with
this, but didn't in our case.  we had to rename the directories.

Second, the GWMTA need to have an environment variable added to the
startup script to allow it to work with the 3.6 kernel.  In
/etc/init.d/grpwise we added "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" right
after
the line containing the "START_PATH" definition.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor@eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>>carlscar@pentamation.com 10/28/04 9:41 AM >>>
Hi,

Has anyone installed GroupWise 6.5 on SUSE Enterprise 9 and moved
users
from
existing post offices to the new post offices on the SUSE server?

If anyone has any recommendations on this please let me know!

Thanks,

Carl Carlson
Division Manager
814-445-7588

Confidentiality Notice:
This email transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged

information that is intended only for the individual or entity named
in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance

upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received
this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that

arrangements can be made for proper delivery, and then please delete
the message from your inbox.