List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GW651 change outbound GWIA
From:       "Dennis Large" <dennis.large () louisville ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-29 6:04:54

Yayyyy!

>>> zzz@minneapolis.edu 10/29/2004 12:33:04 AM >>>
The followup (for anyone interested):

GWIA1 now unloaded and all going through GWIA2.

You think like me.

I will keep the GWIA1, just unloaded as you mentioned.
Can bring back if needed.

Will flip flop MX records once I am satisfied things are working.

The only concern I have noted is that the GWIA2 box is at about 65%
utilization on average.

It is a COMPAQ proliant 933MHZ  box that is also WebAccess.
Seems to me, that should be enough for about 12K SMTP messages per day
and about 30 active WA users.

I will reboot GWIA2 server Friday and see if this utilizaton persists.

Thank you.

Dana

>>> dennis.large@louisville.edu 10/28/2004 12:48:23 PM >>>

>Thanks for the tip.
>
>Sure enough, it did it on the fly!!!
>
>Regarding messages tied to a gateway,  Morris had indicated a couple
of
>weeks ago that this is not the case with current GWIA using internet
>addressing, so I should be OK when I shut down GWIA1.

It worked for us a few weeks back. Nary a sniff when the old one went
away. Just to be on the safe side, I left the machine up but gwia down
for a week or so, just for a quick recovery if needed.

We may end up doing it again. Yuk.