List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Restore Sent Items
From:       "Gary Zawilinski" <gary_zawilinski () gdt1 ! com>
Date:       2004-07-29 23:44:32

Depending on how important the restore is you could restore to a
separate server.  Isolate that server on its own hub/switch with a
laptop and run a POA on it.  Connect to it and get the sent items you
want and archive them.  Go back to the live network and unarchive if
needed.

Gary Zawilinski
Windows/Groupwise Administrator

>>> "Shawn Pinto" <SPinto@rca.on.ca> 7/29/2004 2:40:49 PM >>>
Just as an after thought you could try applying GW 6 sp3 or sp4. Not
sure if this issue was resolved with those service packs though.

>>> SPinto@rca.on.ca 7/29/2004 1:39:07 PM >>>
Not sure if this is a workaround but try turning off archiving and
then
running the search.

Shawn

>>> William.Holman@co.sherburne.mn.us 7/29/2004 12:38:45 PM >>>

Bummer... Just found TID 10082070  - "reported to engineering" is the
resolution.... UGG

Anyone found a work-around?

Thank-you,
William

>>> William.Holman@co.sherburne.mn.us 07/29/04 11:23AM >>>
Thank-you! I can see the mail now.... but... D107 error when trying to
view.
Running GWCheck against it now to see if it allows us into the email.
Murphy's Law....
Thank-you!
William

>>> SPinto@rca.on.ca 07/29/04 11:04AM >>>
You should be able to get to the sent items by going to Tools>Find and
choosing "sent items" as the search criterion  (from the client)

Shawn

>>> William.Holman@co.sherburne.mn.us 7/29/2004 11:26:02 AM >>>

OK... brain freeze..... is it possible to restore sent items? I
restored
the PO to the restore directory, pointed the client to it, but
everything BUT sent was available for restore....

I know Addressbook isn't there, but I thought sent was...?

Anyone have an idea how to restore sent items?
GW 6 SP2

Thank-you,
William

the system manager.