List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] getting GWIA to accept email for multiple domains
From:       "FXCM - Michael Gorn" <mgorn () fxcm ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 18:36:57

can you elaborate on that first statement? How would that work exactly?
if I point the mx record for gatekeeper1.fxcm.com at gw.fxcm.com then
the SAV box will rewrite the headers to be addressed to gw.fxcm.com
after it scans the email?

Also, I can't find an option in GWIA to get it to accept email
addressed to @gatekeeper1.fxcm.com

>>> dennis.large@louisville.edu 8/29/2003 2:26:30 PM >>>
Your SAV box just needs to hold the MX record for gw.fxcm.com, and
nothing else needs to change.

You can also add the gatekeeper1 as an alias in gwia. I can't recall
the exact screen.

>>> mgorn@fxcm.com 8/29/2003 2:03:48 PM >>>
Hi
We have a postfix mail server getting email from the outside world.
The postfix server has aliases in the format user@gw.fxcm.com where
gw.fxcm.com is our GroupWise server.
When GWIA gets an email for user@gw.fxcm.com since gw.fxcm.com is
listed in
ConsoleOne SMTP/MIME Settings for option Hostname/DNS "A Record" Name,
it
happily accepts it and delivers it to the "user" in the proper domain
and
PO.
Now we added a Symantec NAV SMTP gateway in between the postfix box
and
the
GroupWise box.
Let's say it's called gatekeeper1. I edited the aliases now to point
user@gatekeeper1.fxcm.com
Gatekeeper1 scans all email and in turn sends it over to GroupWise.
The
problem is that it doesn't rewrite the headers and when GWIA gets the
email
for user@gatekeeper1.fxcm.com instead of delivering it to the proper
user in
the proper PO - it says - well, I am not gatekeeper1 and happily sends
it
over to the postfix box. We get the email loop. How do I get GWIA to
believe
to accept email addressed to gw.fxcm.com AND to gatekeeper1.fxcm.com
as
its
own? I can't have 2 DNS "A records". I want GWIA to get email
addressed
gatekeeper1 and recognize it as its own.

Thanks a lot.

Mike.

--
    GWAVA. Protecting GroupWise from the Inside Out
         Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam www.gwava.com