List:       ngw
Subject:    Re:  GroupWise / Exchange / Win CE devices
From:       -HYPHEN- <hyphen1 () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-08-28 19:04:55

I don't know if this has been thrown in yet but NotifyLink Wireless does
WiFi / 802.11b devices for GW client www.notifycorp.com requires
NotifyLink Enterprise Server(NT/2000 Server) (supports a Mac client
too!) _h Tim Heywood wrote: >I believe that Nexic will be releasing a
Pocket PC version of their GW >client very shortly. I am waiting and
have 3 clients lined up for >trials as soon as I can get my hands on
it... > >Jeff, any news?? > >Tim > >************************* >Tim
Heywood >Scotland >(God's Country) >Novell Support Connection SYSOP
 >************************* > >In theory, practice and theory are the
same, >In practice they are different! > > > >>>>"Todd J. Seagraves"
25/08/2003 21:12:10 >>>> >>>> >>>> >I am being forced into a round room
and told to sit in the corner. >What corner I say? > >We have a new CIO,
not new to the company just new in the position. He >is a gadget freak
and wants to be able to access his email from a Win CE >device. More
than likely the PDA cell phone types. He wants to have >access to his
email as well as 2 other calenders that he proxies. He >was told that it
was possible by using a Micro$oft migration tool. This >was designed to
allow both exchange and GroupWise systems to run during >a migration. I
imagine it is the same as the GroupWise to Exchange >gateway. I need to
find a solution that will squash the whole exchange >idea. Against the
advice of our Windows Team Manager and other research >we have done on
this subject, the new CIO says that we are putting in >this exchange
server. >We currently do not have Active Directory installed, Exchange
2000 >requires it. We do not have any exchange administration
expierience. > >I am looking for suggestions. Bottom line, access to
email from a PDA >cell phone, as well as access to other accounts with
proxy rights. > >I have done a good bit of research on this a while ago
and hit many >road blocks. I have looked at the BES enterprise server
running MX >software, as well as a couple other solutions. Everytime I
hit the "it >costs too much money" road block. Now money seems to be no
issue. > >HELP HELP SOS SOS >Todd > >