List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] GWIA - 550  Invalid Sender or sender not authorized
From:       "Diran Apara" <dapara () gebsmith ! com>
Date:       2003-07-24 14:46:11

Do those users have aliases created for them?

>>> tcwatsb@tcc.edu 07/23/03 03:26PM >>>
Are these senders using an IMAP client, instead of the GWise client?
This error will occur if the sender has not made a direct connection
the post office, and relaying has been turned off on the GWIA.  You'll
need to make an exception for these senders in the Class of Service on
the GWIA.

>>> dyu@ci.fremont.ca.us 07/22/03 02:29PM >>>
Has anyone run into this problem and what is the fix?  I couldn't find
anything in Novell's knowledgebase.
We are using GW 6.02.

I have 3 users that  cannot send  e-mail to a particular domain -
angnewspapers.com.  The rest of our GW users have no problem.
The 3 problem users  get a message from the GW Mailer-Daemon that
says:

>>> <Mailer-Daemon@mail.ci.fremont.ca.us> 07/21/03 05:27PM >>>

The attached file had the following undeliverable recipient(s):
	swaterhouse@angnewspapers.com

Information about your message:

Transcript of session follows:
	MAIL FROM:<jperkins@ci.fremont.ca.us>
	550 jperkins@ci.fremont.ca.us ... Invalid Sender or sender not
authorized from your location (this system will not relay mail
The GWIA console shows a similar error message:

07-21-03 17:55:30 15 DMN: Send Failure: 550 jperkins@ci.fremont.ca.us
... Inva
                  lid Sender or sender not authorized from your
location (this
                   system will not relay mail

Any suggestions to help resolve this?

Thanks for any help.

David Yu
Network Administrator
City of Fremont - Information Systems
E-mail: dyu@ci.fremont.ca.us
Tel: (510)494-4498

--
    GWAVA. Protecting GroupWise from the Inside Out
         Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam www.gwava.com