List:       ngw
Subject:    [ngw] Re: Klez Virus and Address Spoofing
From:       "W.B.M. Rutjes" <rutjes () schiphol ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-31 14:59:40

And they really go through all that trouble then?

Kind regards
Wilfried Rutjes

>>> Bulkf@dordt.edu 31-01-2003 15:33:30 >>>
The best thing to do is have the person who received the
virus-infected
email send the MIME header.  There should enough info in the MIME
header
to find out the real server.

I do this daily....I then contact the abuse email address with the
MIME
header, and let them identify which machine it is on their network.
Usually the offending machine's IP address is listed, so the admin can
find out.

Frank Bulk

>>> Mary Van Engelen <maryve1@starpower.net> Thursday, January 30,
2003
3:13:00 PM >>>
One of our media relations folks keeps getting calls from people he
doesn't
know or send email to saying that they are getting email from him that
is
infected. His machine is not infected. I figure it's the Klez virus.

He has grown weary about this and wants us to do something about it.
I'm
about to tell him that there's nothing we can do, but I thought I
would

check here first to see if there's something I don't know about.

What, if anything, can we do about it?

Thanks,
Mary

--