List:       ngw
Subject:    RE: [ngw] How to move mail from one account to another
From:       chris.balmbro () knightfrank ! com
Date:       2003-01-31 13:07:30

I'd recommend using Dave Parkes' Shared Folder Transfer Utility (as mentioned
previously) available from Caledonia. It works a treat for us and makes life a
lot easier when someone leaves (our Commercial departments tend to have huge
amounts of shared folders and, before we got the utility, I dreaded someone
leaving). Cheers

Chris

> > > "dwalter@emailessentials.ca" 31/01/2003 12:50:18 >>>
Steve,

If you don't need to retain the folder structure try creating a Shared
Folder with UserB as the owner. Then login as UserA, search for all
messages, and move them to the Shared Folder. Once you are sure UserA's
mail is all moved to the Shared folder you can delete the account.

If both users are on the same PO I would think this would be quite
quick. If the users are on different Pos it should still be as fast as a
user move.

Even if you don't have a problem with the FID editor, archiving and
unarchiving thousands of messages can be a very slow process.

Dean Walter