List:       ngw
Subject:    RE: GW 4.1 network ID not found problem
From:       "Philip Catelinet" <PCatelinet () proskauer ! com>
Date:       2000-05-12 20:17:53

Every server has bindery context enabled.  You wouldn't believe how bad our NDS tree \
looks.  You know how you're supposed to partition the tree?  All our users (1700+) \
are in one context, so we have no partitions and too many replicas.  It's great fun.

> > > "Laurie Baker" <BakerLJ@dhfs.state.wi.us> 5/12/00 3:51 PM >>>
You may need to set bindery context for their containers on their servers, I remember \
having to do that when we were at 4.1a.  There were also some switches we had to use \
since 4.1a isn't really NDS aware, I don't remember exactly how they went but we had \
to put in the fully distinguished name as a startup switch.  It might have been \
/la-username.ou.ou.o or something like that.  I pitched all my 4.1a docs, so don't \
have that info anymore.  I just remember it was a real pain until we got everyone \
over to 5.x.

> > > PCatelinet@proskauer.com 05/12/00 02:38PM >>>
In our environment, the network ID is already the common name, without the context.  \
Since we are a mixed 5.5/4.1 shop, we're managing everything thru NWadmin, and \
there's no way that I know of to change the network ID for the user.  Do you know of \
a way to do that?  That might help us out in trying to track down the problem.

Phil

> > > "Doug Miller" <domiller@ma.ultranet.com> 5/12/00 3:24 PM >>>
Phil,

Does the network ID for the users with the problem have the full NDS
context?  If it does, try removing it.  If it does not, try adding it.

In my experience, those using the MS client do not need to have the context
set, while users with the Novell client 32 do need to have full context set
in the network id.

I hope this helps.  Alas, we are still using 4.1a, so I don't need to
remember anything.

- Doug Miller