List:       ngw
Subject:    GW5.5.3 Access Denied
From:       "Mary C. Courtier" <Courtmc () locklaw ! com>
Date:       2000-05-12 17:40:11

I put out this problem a couple days ago, and thought it was solved, but it turns out \
we only focused the trouble-shooting.

We just put SP4 on the Netware5 server that runs GroupWise. Once we rebooted the \
server, and people started opening messages, we see this error on the POA screen:

Attempt to do client/server actions with no access (D04F)

At the same time, the user sees this warning:
Access Denied

When the user clicks OK, the message opens. The errors at POA and user happen each \
time a message is opened.

HOWEVER, if we remove the password for the user, the errors go away. That's not a \
terrific situation for security, and it makes it impossible to use Web Access.

I've run GWCHECK on the entire PO multiple times, with no problems reported. I've run \
it against specific users also, and found no problems.

I've deleted, recreated, and rebuilt the wpdomain.db

We are using client/server only.

NOTE:  No errors pop up when users read message for accounts they are proxied to. And \
no errors appear when using Web Access.

Anyone run into this?  Our outside GW consultant is stumped.
Thanks.

Mary C. Courtier
mccourtier@locklaw.com
Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.