List:       ngw
Subject:    Re:Multiple Trees
From:       "Laurie Baker" <BakerLJ () dhfs ! state ! wi ! us>
Date:       2000-05-12 17:26:01

We are getting ready to move to a new tree with a new design and new naming, which \
will require eventually moving our entire GW system to that tree.  Meanwhile, we will \
be recreating users (with their same names) in the new tree and linking them back to \
their existing account/po in the old tree.  When done moving all the OUs, we will \
graft the system into the new tree.  We didn't want to move pieces of the GW system \
to the new tree since we didn't want cross-tree traffic going on with the agents.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Any words of wisdom?  We run C/S, so I'm \
thinking that with the IP address they won't have any problem "finding" their post \
office after the change.  We have one small group of people currently that have their \
own tree and use a post office on our tree and it seems to work fine.