List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: Resource mail from addresses
From:       "Ralph Lock" <ralph_lock () bsi ! org ! uk>
Date:       2000-05-11 17:22:33

First Name = Novell, surname = Support, gives
Novell.Support@nottingham.ac.uk?

We don't use resources as such, we create external entities using the
above format.  Would that help?

Regards,

Ralph Lock
GroupWise/Network Admin
British Standards
(0181 996 7867)

>>> danita@caledonia.net 11/05/2000 14:35:39 >>>
If you are referring to the double name, there is nothing you can do
about that.  GroupWise sets the first and last name to the resource name
internally, and so when it goes out the internet the GWIA insists on
knowing the full "name" of the resource.

Danita

>>> John.Whitehorn@nottingham.ac.uk 5/11/2000 1:31:52 AM >>>
I have been setting up GE Resources where its a function not a person,
and have seen the following problem with the from address at the
receiving end. Is there something I can do to make this less tacky?

   John

Within GroupWise its ok, for example -
NovellSupport
If the message is sent out of GroupWise this is what is seen -
"NovellSupport NovellSupport" <NovellSupport@gwmail.nottingham.ac.uk>

for those of a more technical nature here is the full message -