List:       ngw
Subject:    POP3 Problems
From:       "William Lester" <WALESTER () avsc ! org>
Date:       2000-01-27 21:41:17

I've had this problem happen twice in a year, so it's time to post it to the group.

On 2 occasions, my servers (GW and GWIA) have been artificially forced down. On \
restart, most users come up fine with GWCHECK easily fixing any problems to users or \
post offices. My one unsolvable problem have been my users who download mail via \
POP3. For some (not all) the download process freezes on the STAT command. Telneting \
into their account shows the same thing. It's as if one corrupted message causes the \
whole process to stop in its tracks. These same accounts are accessible via the \
GroupWise client with no problems at all.

I've currently got an incident open with Novell, but no solution seems imminent. What \
I'd really like is a GWCHECK for POP3 flags, that resets and/or fixes whatever POP3 \
needs to recognize and download files.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Bill Lester