List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: Blank To: field when replying to message
From:       "John Sievers" <jsievers () jhpiego ! org>
Date:       1999-11-30 19:43:30

You want to make the sure the external post office does not have an alias defined.  \
It should be left blank. The individual users in that post office should have a \
complete complete alias of user@compant.com.  The post office alias works with GW 4 \
but not 5.

> > > "Thomas Roe" <bdroet@budget.state.ny.us> 30-Nov-99 2:24:34 PM >>>
Dawn - From the perspective of my Primary, both external Foreign Domains list the \
Primary in the Return Link field.  The only thing I see that looks weird is that the \
ExtPO which is off the External Foreign Domain does not have a defined link or path.

My external PO simply exists so that certain Internet addresses can be used from the \
AB.  I guess if I can't get this to work I could always add the users to the GWIA \
instead of to the post office of a foreign domain (I recall that this was the other \
way to add Internet Users to the AB).  I thought there was something I didn't like \
about that other method though, but I can't remember just now what it was.

Anybody else have this configuration working o.k.?  Thanks.

> > > "Dawn Drake" <draked@mailbox.hscsyr.edu> 11/30/99 11:06AM >>>
Check your Return Domain field in the Link Configurator.  If it is blank it
needs to be filled in with the Domain's name, ie, Outbound Link from GWDOM
to GWEXT should contain GWDOM in the Return Domain (click on External Link
Info to get to this option).  This resolved a similiar problem with our
linked 5.2.4 to 5.5.2 system, although it was affecting all fields (to, cc
and bc if there was an external user in that field).

Hope that helps.

> > > "Arto Schneider" <arto.schneider@edita.fi> 11/29/99 10:10:15 AM >>>
Sorry, if this has been asked before.

System Configuration
One Primary Domain with two Post Offices and two External Foreign Domains,
the other has four Post Offices. GWIA and Async Gateway.
Primary is at 5.5.2 and other post office is also migrated and other is
still at 4.1a (will be migrated soon).

When replying to a message from user who has account in GroupWise External
Post Office To: field is empty.
If there are CC: or BC: recipients, their address information is filled in
CC: or BC: field correctly.

No matter if GroupWise External Post Office has alias or not, To: field is
blank.

We have 78 external users and they must exist in GroupWise Address Book.

What can be done to resolve this problem?

Any would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Arto Schneider