List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: Moving Domain to a new server -Reply
From:       "Mike Cunningham" <MCUNNING () pct ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-30 20:12:19

5.5

>>> Tom Miller <tom.miller@ferc.fed.us> 11/30 1:16 PM >>>
What version GroupWise?  You'll need to update NDS if
it's 5.x., and Ad.exe if it's 4.x.

>>> "Mike Cunningham" <MCUNNING@pct.edu> 11/30/98
12:45pm >>>
We want to move our Domain processing to a new server.
It currently runs on a server along with a Post Office
and we want to standardize our department servers to
only run H: drive, F: and Post Office processing.  The new
server will be our primary NDS server and run the
GroupWise Domain and Gateways (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4,
FAX).

Will we be safe in just shutting down the Domain NLM and
all Gateways and copying the WPDOMAIN doirectory to
the new server, change IP address's in all configs and
then start the NLMs on the new server ?

Do we need to shutdown the POs on the other servers or
just restart when the new Domain is running ?