List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: GW 5.5 GWIA Question
From:       "Tom Kustner" <tom.kustner () emjay ! com>
Date:       1998-11-30 19:45:19

Tipsters have indicated that 5.5.1 will be released by mid-December, but since that \
may be delayed, if you must have it, I would upgrade to SP4 or put up with the flips. \
Not much else to do.

Ask this question in novell.forums.com in one of the GW groups.

Tom Kustner
Emjay Corp. - A Wells Fargo Company

> > > "Michael King" <BRKINGM@br.cc.va.us> Monday, November 30, 1998 12:17:57 PM >>>
I have searched the readme files and Novell's knowledgebase for the answer to this \
question and have not found it so I thought maybe someone on the list might know.  We \
currently run a GroupWise 5.2.3 domain and post office.  The only outstanding issue \
that we cannot resolve is a server abend when the 5.2.3 GWIA receives an inbound \
message with more than 1000 recipients.  We have upgrade protection for the system so \
GroupWise 5.5 has arrived and I have been prepping the system and users for yet \
another upgrade to attempt to resolve this issue.  Then Novell releases Service Pack \
4 for GroupWise 5.2 that specifically states in the documentation that it fixes the \
problem our site experiences.  Does anyone know if the GroupWise 5.5 Internet Agent \
also corrects this problem?????  I would like to go on and move to 5.5 but, if the \
problem is still there, I am more inclined to apply Service Pack 4 to our working \
system to ensure the stability.

If anyone knows if this 1000 recipient abend issue is fixed in the GWIA for 5.5, \
please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

M<  a.k.a. Michael King, File Server Administrator
Institutional Computing Services, Blue Ridge Community College
E-Mail:  brkingm@br.cc.va.us     FAX:  (540) 234-9066
Voice:  (540) 234-9261 or (888) 750-2722 (in VA only) ext. 255
Snail-Mail:  One College Lane, Weyers Cave, VA 24486-0080
ICQ UIN (Universal Internet Number):  633805