List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: SMTP/MIME access control
From:       Bruce Perrin <Bruce.Perrin () lbb ! state ! tx ! us>
Date:       1998-11-30 17:18:00

Cannot be done (or I can't find where it can be done) according to the
SMTP/MIME Gateway Guide.

Bruce Perrin
State of Texas
Legislative Budget Board
GroupWise  Administrator
Email: Bruce.Perrin@lbb.state.tx.us
Voice: 512-463-1497

>>> Thomas Roe <bdroet@budget.state.ny.us> 11/30 10:48 AM >>>
I'm using the 4.1 SMTP/MIME gateway NLM.  Even though this gateway is
capable of decoding attachments and determining their filenames (I can
see it in the log file) I just want to confirm that it is currently not
possible to filter attachments based on filetype.  For example,
preventing all *.EXE attachments from being delivered.  This cannot be
done, correct?
Thanks.