List:       nginx
Subject:    Re: Multiple SSL web sites with nginx
From:       "Bee.Lists" <bee.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-13 0:41:22

> On Jul 12, 2020, at 3:08 PM, Ian Hobson <hobson42@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is not correct, see \
> https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#server where it says
> Syntax:	server { ... }
> Default:	—
> Context:	http
> Sets configuration for a virtual server. There is no clear separation between \
> IP-based (based on the IP address) and name-based (based on the "Host" request \
> header field) virtual servers. Instead, the listen directives describe all \
> addresses and ports that should accept connections for the server, and the \
> server_name directive lists all server names.
> So the ports are defined in the listen directive, and the server names in the \
> server_name directive.
> Your approach of multiple https servers works fine on my kit with the approach you \
> have taken.
> Suggest there may be a typo in your configuration - try
>
> sudo nginx -t
>
> to prove both servers are loaded.

They are both on the same server.  Same IP.  With the same port number, there's \
nothing deciphering between the two other than server_name.  Hence using server_name \
as the forward.  I don't even know how one could use port number as the request.

If you look at the example he posted, there was no default.

Cheers, Bee