List:       nginx
Subject:    Re: Identifying "Writing" connections in status stub
From:       "Vlad K." <nginx-ml () acheronmedia ! hr>
Date:       2017-07-31 7:59:49

On 2017-07-30 20:03, Peter Booth wrote:
> During a busier part of the day,  what is your minimum, median,99%,
> max requests per sec?

Image's worth a thousand words :)

https://pasteboard.co/GDs6JSz.png

The peaks between days are API clients syncing data, they usually do it
in the night (clients are all in teh same timezone).

> I'm pretty confident that this is a bug, because of the shape of the
> graph. There's no obvious healthy explanation for the
> number of writing connections to increase over days and return to its
> current value after a restart.

I've restarted nginx yesterday, and until now, the Writing has stayed
down at 1-3 for the same level of traffic as usual. I suppose that's not
bots then...

--
Vlad K.