List:       nfr-users
Subject:    Re: Dummies Guide to NFR
From:       "Brian Reilly" <reillyb () gunet ! georgetown ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-28 20:39:47

> > > Roy Rapoport <rsr@inorganic.org> 06/26 3:00 AM >>>
> Right you are -- works perfectly now.

> As for the other side of the original post: Are there any how-to guides for
> NFR? Like, "how do I get alerted when an external host is responsible for
> more than 10% of my traffic," or heck -- how do I get alerts working? I'd
> sure like to know if I'm being pingflooded n' stuff :)

You might want to take a look at _Step by Step Network Monitoring using NFR_, at \
http://www.nswc.navy.mil/ISSEC/CID/nfr.htm.

It gives a good overview on how to install a new N-code backend (the Intrusion \
Detection package), how to configure default alerts and create new alerts, how to \
write backends, etc.

Hope it helps.

--Brian