List:       nextgen-online
Subject:    [Nextgen-online] icon for ogg vorbis format for uploaded documents
From:       tsolomons () uwc ! ac ! za (Tohir Solomons)
Date:       2005-11-28 13:19:08

Done. Developers interested in using this class - it is called
'fileicons' and located in the 'files' modules. Works by extension, not
mimetype. Still need to come around to doing this to all modules with
attachments like forum, email, calendar, etc.

I notice OGG's mimetype is application/ogg - pity because we'd have to
hardcode that these files automatically go into the media subfolder and
not documents.

If you want to add more file icons, place a 16x16 gif file in
/skins/_common/icons/filetypes/ folder and add it to the array of the
class.

-----

Filters - its our response to one of the clients request for folder
structure in the file manager. As you'd notice, files can be shared
across filters. Another thing we could do is use filters to keep track
of which modules is using which filters. System filters that are hidden
to the user?

Cheers
Tohir

>>> Derek Keats <dkeats@uwc.ac.za> 11/25/05 6:34 PM >>>
There is no icon. Could we please have an icon for this common format as
part of the icons for file types? The extension is og or ogg.

BTW, I just discovered filters. Brilliant idea whoever thought of it.
Next step would be to have an automatic filter created for each root
node in a course. Or have a link in filter create that allows you to
choose root node to create a filter.

Tx
derek