List:       nextgen-online
Subject:    [Nextgen-online] Changes to database structure
From:       dkeats () uwc ! ac ! za (Derek Keats)
Date:       2004-04-25 13:26:48

If you have a working version of KNG code installed, then you need to know about some \
changes that will have to be made to your database. I renamed the numericId field to \
userId and changed it to varchar(25). You will need to delete all tables from your \
database, and rerun dbkewl.sql.

James,
on KNGFORGE, please delete all the tables and rerun the dbkewl.SQL file from CVS. \
KNGFORGE will be broken now as I have changed the code.

Changed the icons folder to kngicons so that it will not clash with the Apache server \
icons folder. This means the global_vars_inc.php file needs to be changed to read   \
//The default ICON folder  define('KEWL_DEFAULTICONFOLDER', '/kngicons/');

I added a feature to allow for the disabling of the self register button. This is in \
the config class and the global_vars_inc.php file  // Allow self registration
  define('KEWL_ALLOW_SELFREGISTER', TRUE);

If you have a local setup, you will need to update your global_vars_inc.php from the \
{sample}global_vars_inc.php file.

James, this means on KNGFORGE, taking care not to break any local settings that you \
may have made.

Cheers
Derek